What You Need Before You Begin
1. Order paper samples to help you make the best decision about which paper or canvas on which to print your edition.
2. Prepare for digital upload!
• If you plan to digitize your own images, please refer to our guidelines.
• If you are unaccustomed to digitizing your own images, we recommend that you find a local professional to scan and/or photograph your artwork for you, to ensure that you will have a high-quality digital file from which to start. This will make the Giclee Editions process faster, easier and even more inexpensive, because you will be able to upload your file without any additional support from our Editions Team.
With paper samples in hand and digital images ready to upload, you are now ready to order your first proof!
How To Order Your Proof
Begin at our home for Artists & Photographers: www.pictureframes.com/artandphoto. Notice the “Order Your Edition & Get a Free Proof” area, front and center at the top of the page.
1. If you have already uploaded images, click the red “View Uploaded Images” button and continue to # 7. Otherwise, click “Browse” from the “Upload a New Image” box. (When selecting your image, remember that it must be 300 dpi and either a .jpg or the preferred .tiff in RGB format up to 250MB.)
2. Select your file from your computer.
3. Click “Open” from the “Choose File” screen that pops up from your computer.
4. When you’re back to the main page, click “Upload Image” from the “Upload a New Image” box. Upload time will vary from minutes to hours depending on your internet connection speed and the size of your file. Don’t worry — pictureframes.com will not timeout during this process.
5. If your image needs to be rotated, click on the “Rotate Image” button under your image.
6. If you would like to adjust the “Wall,” or background color, choose from the dropdown list under your image.
7. Now choose the size of your print. Your current maximum print size is presented in a grey box under “Set Print Size.” If you want your image to be printed in a larger size, check off the box next to the “Image Enlargement Process” so that your image’s pixels will automatically be enhanced to the largest your image can possibly print with acceptable clarity. The image proportions will remain unchanged, regardless of size.
(To renew price of package, click “Update” from the bottom.)
8. Use the “Image Width” and “Image Height” dropdown menus in the “Set Print Size” box to manually select your desired print size. If you choose a custom size, we will automatically change the measurements to make sure your work is proportionate. (To renew price of package, click “Update” from the bottom.)
9. Next, set your border size. Your border size is automatically set at 3 inches on all sides. You may want more or less white border space around your image. Use the dropdown menu in the “Set Border Size” box to set your border size. Your overall print size will increase in accordance with your selected border size. (To renew price of package, click “Update” from the bottom.)
10. Now that you have selected your image settings, choose your paper. You can do this by clicking on the “Select Paper” blue text button at the bottom of the screen or from the “Paper” tab in the top menu. They will both take you to the same page.
11. Using the paper sample kit you ordered from us will enable you to make an educated decision about which high quality paper to choose for your edition. If you did not order paper samples, you can do so at this time by clicking on the red “Order” button in the “Sample Papers” box. The cost is $5 and includes a $5 gift certificate as reimbursement. If you do not wish to order paper samples, click on the name of the paper for a brief description to help make your decision.
(To renew price of package, click “Update Price” from the bottom.)
12. Now you are ready to order a proof! You can do this by clicking on the “Order a Proof” blue text button at the bottom, or from the “Proofs” tab in the top menu. They will both take you to the same page.
13. Read the message about proofs and then click on the blue text “Order a Proof” button.
14. Your proof has now been sent to “Your Shopping Cart.” The cost of your proof will be the cost of each print of your editions. (The cost of one proof will be credited when you order your edition.) Discounts begin when you order 10 or more prints for your edition.
15. If you are done shopping, continue by clicking on the “Secure Checkout” blue text button on the bottom right. Follow the instructions to make your purchase. The time it takes to receive your proof varies. Your proof will leave our workshop and be on its way to you within 1-5 business days. Depending on your chosen shipping method, your proof should arrive 1-7 business days later.
Note: You may have noticed two more tabs in the process called “Editions” and “My Gallery.”
• Editions button: As soon as you order your first proof, your image will appear in the “Editions” section where you can order editions after you’ve completed the proofing process. You can place an order for your edition at any time after your image appears in the “Editions” section, but please be aware that we cannot begin printing your edition until we receive your approved proof.
• My Gallery button: All of your proof orders will appear in this section. You will need to log-in to access this page, which makes it easy for you to quickly place reorders for prints.
How To Approve Your Proof
When you receive your first proof, give it a careful look — we want you to be delighted with the results:
1. For the most part, our customers are happy with their first proof because it is printed directly from the original file. Nevertheless, if you would like to make changes, request adjustments by making notes on the front or back of your proof, then sign it and return it to Jane Rhem’s attention in the tube we’ve provided for you. Another proof with your requested changes will be mailed to you, but please keep in mind that only one proof will be credited back to you when you order your edition. You may order as many proofs as you wish.
2. Once you are pleased with your proof, fill out the Giclee Edition information on the back of your proof, then sign it and return it to Jane Rhem’s attention in the tube we’ve provided for you.
How To Order Your Edition
You can order your edition of 5 or more prints as soon as you mail back your approved proof, but we will only print your edition once we have received the approved proof.
1. The ordering process is done entirely online for your convenience, to save you time and money. Go to our home for Artists and Photographers at www.pictureframes.com/artandphoto.
2. Click on the red “View Uploaded Images” button from the “Order Your Edition & Get a Free Proof” section in the middle of the page.
3. Next, click on the “Editions” tab.
4. We offer free Certificates of Authenticity with every print! If you would like to take advantage of this offer, click the “Free Certificates of Authenticity” box on the right hand side. (To renew price of package, click “Update” from the bottom.)
5. The number of prints in your edition is automatically set to 5, as you’ll notice in the lower left hand “My Print Package” area. You can adjust this number for a larger edition, but you can only print as few as 5 prints at a time. (To renew price of package, click “Update” from the bottom.)
6. Click “Add To Cart.”
7. If you would like to order another edition, click “Continue Shopping” instead of the Back button.
8. If you are done shopping, click on “Secured Checkout” and simply follow the directions to pay for your Giclee Edition.
9. Voila! Your edition will be printing in no time! If you have further questions, please refer to our handy FAQ’s page.
Thank you for choosing pictureframes.com.