Tips & Tricks
For framing related questions and advice, explore our answers and suggestions to maximize your experience with us.
Decorating for Kids
Choosing and creating wall art for a child’s room is not only a wonderful way to express their personality, but it’s an easy & inexpensive way to update décor as their taste changes (and it will...often).
- Be Bold. Bold, bright colors are what kids crave! Go beyond pastels with some of our most colorful frame collections: Country, Rustica, Rainbow, Luscious Lacquers and Carnival. With a dazzling array of vibrant possibilities, strong colors work well for both boys and girls.
- Inspire a Budding Picasso. Personalize with their art or photography. Imagine the delight at seeing their work turned into fine art quality masterpieces in the Print & Frame Shop. It’s fun, easy and there are millions of mat & frame combinations, making it possible to create something that’s truly one-of-a-kind.
- Be big. Large canvases have high impact (our Gallery Wraps are a customer favorite!). Customize their world with images of the family pet, their favorite toys and anyone who adores them and you’re sure to design a warm environment in which they’ll love to spend time.
- White It Out. White frames are the perfect counterpoint to colorful walls. They work with all types of imagery and won’t clash with anything else in the room. Take it a step further and add wide, white mats for a classic look. And, with a variety of white mouldings – from the soft curves of P6 to the architectural lines of AR9 to the traditional look of 24, with its linen liner, white is never boring.
- Get Personal. Make it all about them with images of favorite moments. From first bath to first day of school, sports successes and beyond, tying it all together in similar framing presentations will turn it into a stunning and timeless wall collage. Play with the possibilities in our Personal Frame Shop and then add your favorites to “My Gallery,” so you can compare pricing and presentations side-by-side – you can even email them to other people for feedback.
- Creative Space. Encourage creativity by adding a fun frame to an average blackboard, dry erase board or corkboard for hanging their newest art projects.
- Safety First! We use acrylic glazing in our Framing Kits and UV-blocking acrylic glazing in our Conservation Presentation Kits, because it’s half the weight of glass and shatter-resistant – much safer for your little ones and just as beautiful.