Walking the Talk: Sustainability
A Proudly Zero
We believe in making better, buying less and loving more.
Our Commitments to You As a Conscious Business Partner
In every decision we make for sourcing materials, we ALWAYS consider the environmental impact. All our frames are sourced from reclaimed barnwood, upcycled wood fiber or sustainably managed forests.LEARN MORE
Domestic sourcing to reduce our carbon footprint
We developed a US Salvage business for upcycling wood
OF OUR WOOD IS
RECLAIMED, UPCYCLED OR
Matting, glazing and backing are all sourced in the US
- Catalogs are printed on paper from sustainably managed forests.
- We never, EVER purchase endangered species wood.
- We salvage and upcycle barnwood and fence boards
- We work with vendors to develop new eco-packaging materials.
- Our Project DIY offers creative ways to upcycle household items.
SOME OF OUR SURPRISING, SUSTAINABLE MATERIALS:
Resources are precious, so we lean into the best of how we can create together. From paperless payroll, to energy efficient lighting and HVAC units, to less water consumption, we are conscious in every resource we use.LEARN MORE
Our paperless payroll system greatly reduces carbon emissions
OF LANDFILL SPACE SAVED PER YEAR
Our Tech Team developed a way to save on computer power consumption
OF ENERGY IS SAVED WITH POWER-SAVER PROGRAM
We switched to more efficient LEDs & T8s and added skylights
LIGHT BULBS REPLACED WITH LEDS
- Increased volume purchasing & improved scheduling reduces energy waste & pollution.
- Our HVAC units are the most energy efficient available.
- Our roof is white to reflect heat and keep us as eco-friendly as possible.
- We save almost 64,000 watts per year through energy efficient lighting options.
- Every toilet is now low-water use for high efficiency.
- We use half as much energy thanks to company-wide computer power-saving plan.
- Paperless payroll saves 472 lbs of paper.
- Our printing process is state-of-the-art to control air pollution.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! This is not just a saying to us, this is how we operate EVERYDAY. From being a ZERO LANDFILL company to every single employee's recycling practices from the desk to saw, we are conscious in everything we do.LEARN MORE
79% of what we use like wood mulch or plastic is recycled
Non-recyclables go to a waste-to-energy company
WASTE TO ENERGY WITH AIR FILTRATION
The remaining dust is used to make concrete.
- Our "Send It Forward" project re-mails & reuses boxes to extend the life of cardboard five times over merely recycling it.
- We donate items to schools, art programs & non-profits.
- Our "Freecycling Center" lets employees re-home their gently used personal items.
- Our trash compactor & can crusher reduces trash hauls.
- All ink and toner cartridges are refilled or recycled.
- Electronic waste is specially processed.
- We recycle 14 different raw materials and their by-products resulting in 234,000 pounds per year that is kept out of landfills.